As a community-based organization focused on health, education and financial stability, the United Way of Calvert County is working diligently to provide support to our community during this pandemic.
The United Way of Calvert County is answering our county's call for help in a variety of ways:
- Partnering with our local food pantries to coordinate volunteers for food distribution to those in need
- Lowering spending constraints, allowing our partners to use UWCC funding for what is needed during the COVID-19 crisis
- Supporting our local agencies by sharing information and opportunities
- Promoting the support of local businesses through social media
If you are in need of assistance, the following resources are available:
- Calvert Department of Social Services - visit the website or call (443) 550-6900
- Maryland 2-1-1 is a quick and easy way to find information and get referrals for thousands of programs and services across Maryland. Call, text or visit the website to speak with a community resource specialist who will help you find services that are available to you. They offer resources ranging from shelter and utility assistance to services for veterans.
- Contact United Way of Calvert County directly. Tell us what your needs are and we can point you in the right direction.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Follow CDC Guidelines and State Guidelines for staying safe and healthy
- Donate (Operational funding is gone for a lot of agencies due to COVID-19 and the canceling of events, fundraisers, etc.)
- To learn more about the current fundraiser visit our Support UWCC page, or simply text UWCC40 to 414-44 to donate now.
- Volunteer (Sites are safe and following safety guidelines)